PROJECT KASAR DEVI
Mountain life. Immersion into Simplicity. Get INSPIRED. Serve Society. Build your fire. Go back and Spread it!
This is a small and sweet dream of ours to use the power of the Himalayan Village of Kasar Devi, which NASA has called one of the highest ENERGETIC centres in the world, to inspire us, so that
we can learn the beauty of silence, creativity, nature, spiritual modules and go back and serve our universe and our own shiny selves in the most incredible MANNER!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Take a Shatabdi fast 5.5 hour train New Delhi to Kathgodham.
Then taxi it 3.5 hrs to Kasar Devi.
Choose the duration of your stay here. 1 night-to Infinity.
Let us help you choose a homestay, or resort, depending upon your budget.
Then choose how much you want to BE & DO, while here.
Either simply enjoy this Himalayan Village Life and Nature;
go for walks; sing-songs to yourself. Bonfires at night.
Or go for more.
Maybe help at a farm. Learn how to do a Puja! Or attend one!
Do half-day trips. Learn few meditations that we teach here, sing in the evenings with us!
Dance, or teach us how to.
BEST TIME TO BE WITH US HERE::--
FEBRUARY- MARCH END: IF YOU ARE THE TYPE WHO LIKES COZY COLD WINTER RETREATS, AND SELF- INTROSPECTION TIME!
APRIL-MAY-JUNE: SUMMER IS HERE, AND SO IS THE ZING IN THE AIR AND LIFE! MUCH HAPPENING. BRIGHT DAYS!
JULY-AUGUST- MONSOON IS HERE! TOO MUCH RAIN, BUT MAYBE ITS YOUR THING!
SEPTEMBER-OCTOBER-NOVEMBER 15: SUPER COOL. BRIGHT SPARKLING DAYS.
NOVEMBER 15- DECEMBER 15= COLD, BUT MYSTICAL.
LIST OF ACTIVITIES WE ARE OFFERING!
Please check below the Images FOR THE awesome info~
module 1 ( The INNER FIRE AND TRANSFORMATION SEGEMENT!)
1. Yoga and Meditation offered by Rahul, Elisabet, or Visiting teachers.
2. Kirtan ( Devotional Singing) 4-5 times around sunset. / Mantra Workshops.
3.Spiritual Storytelling and learning about Masters etc.
4. Fire Ceremonies with Pujaris in the area. Very sacred and empowering ceremony.
nature trips/ events/ etc.
1. Folk Dance
2. Lunches/ Dinners with local families. A bid to support local women, and their families. Share Knowledge, Life and Joy with each other.
3. Lectures by Mukti Dutta, daughter of a very renowned philosopher who lived in Kasar Devi, Mr. Pushpesh Dutta, who had much intercations with all the international luminaries who lived here.
3. Photography walks with Didier Binetroy, a French photographer and expat who lives often in Kasar Devi, when he is not doing his tours.
4. Visit to Harsh Mehras 3 bedroom Binsar homestay, and being in the wildside of Binsar Bird Sanctuary.
5. 1/2 Day trips to Katarmal Sun Temple! Almora City for its cultural Heritage/ Panchachuli Women Weavers Union/ Binsar Bird Sanctuary/ Village walks to Gadoli Village
6. 1-3 day trips to local special areas like Mukteshvar, Sheraghat, Sitlakhet, Kainchi Dham.
7. 3 Hour trek to Wish-Fulfilling Tree( Kalpa-Vriksh Mandir)
8. Visit to Patal Devi Temple, and Anandamayee Ma'as ashram.
9. Walking day trek to closeby villages and nightstays there in curated and beautiful homestays.
SoTHINGS TO DO AT OUR OFFICE + RETREAT CENTRE.
1.Sale of Photography from the local areas.
2. Sit-down with us and have a chat! Have free Coffee with us!
3. Read Great Books! Spiritual - Novels- Magazines.
Buy stuff from local artisans/ Beautiful artifacts- Shiny Objects from around the world- Feel Good!.
4. Stay with us at our Simple, but sparkling and Slick Homestay Property 10 mins below the main village centre of Kasar Devi for inexpensive rates of Rs. 700-1400 a night. Free to do a long stay on discount as well. Ready in March!
Dawn. November 2017.